I have been using a new technique to keep my two strand twists from getting frizzy! Here are the steps:
1. Moisturize the hair with a SPRAY mix (not a butter or solid mix, this is heavy and causes frizz as you spread it along your twists).
2. Seal with any oil of your choice (to keep it light, if you are using castor oil, mix it with another light oil to thin it out).
The whole idea with this method is to keep the product as LIGHT as possible so as not to disturb the twists or displace the hair in twists.
3. Bantu knot your bang (optional). I just think this comes out really cute while protecting your bang from getting frizzy!
4. Wear the tightest sleep cap possible. This keeps the hair from being disturbed while you sleep. In bonnets, I found that the twists were doing their own thing and rubbing against each other and the fabric. This is why a satin pillowcase won't work either.
5. When you wake up in the morning, re-moisturize and seal your twists. Make sure that your twists get really damp because the moisture will add slip and lock the hair in the twist, therefore reducing stray hairs from coming out the twists. That is the same idea with using the oil.
This stuff might be obvious, but it took me a long time to get the perfect combination of steps to keep my hair from getting so frizzy so soon! I used to use a bonnet and it was a disaster. Also wearing the skull cap will keep your style!
Enjoy your frizz-free twists!